Powderpuff Volleyball Game Spikes Success

Keira McDowell
Juniors Matthias Arze and Jaylan Suyat going against Andrew Koch in the junior vs junior game.

On Oct. 16. 2023, the Powderpuff volleyball game took place on PSAT day.

Both the junior and senior class were able to participate in the game. Each of the grades had team tryouts where the players were sorted into A and B teams based on skill. Each team prepared with practices with the help of their senior and junior coaches, who were mostly from the girls varsity volleyball team.

On the day of the event, the first game was senior A team versus the senior the B team, with the A team coming out victorious. Then the sophomore A team beat the sophomore B team. This led to both A teams facing off in the game determining first. This ended with the senior A team coming out on top. Afterwards, both B teams went against one another to determine third and fourth place, with the senior B team winning.

All students that attended the event were required to bring in a nonperishable food item for the school to donate.

Photos by Keira McDowell.

Disclaimer: Below is a photo gallery of the Powederpuff Volleyball Game on Wednesday Oct. 16. If any of the photo gallery photos are reposted or shared on other social media, credit MUST BE given to the website and photographer