Netflix warns fans about the “Bird Box Challenge”

Netflixs+tweet+to+all+bird+box+fans%2C+pleading+for+them+to+be+cautious+when+taking+part+in+the+hashtag+Bird+box+challenge.+
Netflix’s tweet to all bird box fans, pleading for them to be cautious when taking part in the hashtag “Bird box challenge”.

The Netflix original “Birdbox” released over the holiday season on Dec. 13, 2018. Following the debut of the drama-thriller, the internet went crazy over the film, from memes to the infamous “Birdbox challenge.” The memes feature the main characters of Malorie and her two kids, boy and girl, as they flee to a safe haven while being blindfolded to protects themselves from mysterious spirits that caused terror across the globe.

The hashtag “Birdbox Challenge” features people on social media blindfolding themselves while performing different tasks. While the challenge was meant to be funny, Netflix warned fans against doing the challenge, tweeting, “PLEASE DO NOT HURT YOURSELVES WITH THIS BIRD BOX CHALLENGE.”

Some of the extreme takes on this challenge include people driving blindfolded, wandering outside blindfold and even going 24 hours blindfolded. Although the movie may be intriguing, these challenges can cause harm and it is encouraged that fans enjoy the movie while staying safe.