COVID Brings New Activities to South Riding

Photo provided. Cox Farms alien during last year’s Fall Festival.

Since the pandemic started, South Riding’s had to get creative with everything. Online school, social distancing, and shopping online to name a few. But some people have taken their creativity to the next level and brought great ways to have fun during the pandemic.

SR Coffee Co.:

SR Coffee Co. (South Riding Coffee Company) has popped up just recently in the community. They sell food products like coffee, tea, lemonade and pastries out of their  food truck every Sunday on The Green at South Riding Town Hall at 9 a.m. Many families love to make a morning outing to the truck with their children or dogs.

“It was really nice to be able to get something to drink while I was walking,” junior Ivy Ridenhour said.  “It was really quick too!” 

Cox Farms:

Cox Farms is a beloved tradition, with their enjoyable hayrides, tasty doughnuts and thrilling slides. This year, Cox Farms is making sure the fall fun doesn’t have to end because of the pandemic. This fall will feature drive-in for doughnuts and kettle corn, as well as guests getting to drive the famous Cox Farms hayride route. While Fields of Fear will not be open for the Halloween season, Fall Festival is still a go. 

“[I am] excited for witches, because they got a bubble fog machine,” junior Ethan Parmenter said.

Farmer’s Market:

A farmer’s market has appeared in the area, with all kinds of products. They appear every Saturday from 9:00 A.M. to 1:00 P.M. at Town Hall, and every Sunday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Meadows Pool parking lot.

More information on South Riding events can be found at https://www.southriding.net/sr-events/, the South Riding main events page, and the SR Coffee Co. Facebook page.