Spring Sports Success – Freedom Girls Lacrosse State Champs!

The Freedom Girls Varsity Lacrosse team poses with their State trophy. Lacrosse photos by Kelly Novotny

Freedom Girls Lacrosse team defeated Atlee High School 9-8 to bring home the 5A State Champions on Saturday, June 11. The season ended with a record of 19-4 and seven playoff wins.

“I’m really excited about how far we’ve come,” junior Meghan Lindsey said. “We’ve been focusing on taking it one game at a time this whole season and really working hard. Our whole team has put in a ton of effort and it’s nice to see it starting to pay off.”

Freedom Softball had a successful season, making it to State quarterfinals on Monday, June 4.

“Although I am disappointed that we didn’t make it all the way to the states finals, I am still so proud to be on such a talented team,” junior Kensley Hess said. “We lost to a good quality team and there was nothing we could have done. My only goal before I graduate was to make it to states with my sister and the girls took us there. I couldn’t be happier.”

Freedom Varsity Baseball ended their season at State semifinals on Friday, June 8, after winning the first round of the VHSL 5A State Tournament, along with the district and regional championships.

“I’ve gotta say how much work and time we’ve dedicated to this season,” junior Jason Ball said, referring to the team’s training and preparation since December. “From the start, everybody knew this team was going to be special. Our coach always likes to tell us that that we’re so close, like a family and without a doubt, we know that. Picking other players up when they’re down, praying together as a family before each game, and keeping this bond never broken.”