Farewell From a Senior About the Craziest Year Ever….

Illustration by StoryBlocks
Illustration by StoryBlocks

It is officially the end of senior year for those participating in Capstone, and despite the challenges we have all faced this year, most students have agreed that senior year was a lot better than presumed. Even though majority of the year we were all taught online through a computer screen, the year turned out to be an overall enjoyable and memorable last year of high school.

In the beginning of the year, we were all confused as to how things were going to play out. Everything was online, and the schedule began AABB, four days a week. Each class was about an hour, and we all had the same lunch, which was about 40 minutes long. Throughout the year, there were many adjustments to the schedule once hybrid began, and now that it’s the end of the year for some of us, looking back is honestly quite sad.

Even though we were online for about 3/4 of the year, being able to relax at home while doing schoolwork wasn’t all bad. In fact, I was able to sit outside on my porch while working on assignments, and it really helped me focus better, especially as a senior with senioritis.

We did miss out on our last pep rallies and football games, and that is probably one of the saddest parts. Along with not being able to see friends at school, but it is nice to know that we are getting a graduation this year, which helps a bit with the lack of social interaction.

Yes, we were seniors during a pandemic and yes this is going to be an amazing story to tell our children one day. So even though we did not get to live out the classic senior year like others have in the past, I am still honored to have had such a unique experience in high school and wish the best to those who get to have a more normal senior year next year.