SCA Helps Students Celebrate Valentine’s Day

Red+and+pink+paper+hearts+of+FHS+students+in+the+400+hallway.+

Photo by Max Villegas.

Red and pink paper hearts of FHS students in the 400 hallway.

Max Villegas, Staff Writer

Known as the holiday to celebrate love, Valentine’s Day can look different for everyone. While some people plan to spend time with their loved one, others will be with their friends – often referred to as celebrating “Galentine’s Day.”

Valentine’s Day is a day to celebrate the relationships in your life that you cherish,” said senior Leelie Kebede.

This year, Kebede plans to celebrate with her friends by sharing a meal together. Not only will she be spending time with her friends, but she will also make time for herself by trying out a new face or hair mask.

Valentine’s Day can also be an opportunity for self-care activities, which can sometimes be neglected. 

On Feb. 14, Freedom SCA plans to be everyone’s valentine. The Freedom SCA Instagram account posted that paper hearts will be posted throughout the school – one per every Freedom student. The first five students – from each grade level – who find their hearts and turn them into the main office will win a prize. Although SCA has not disclosed what the prize will be, their scavenger hunt is meant to spread love throughout the Freedom community.

Regardless of relationship status (single or taken), Valentine’s Day is meant to share the love a little extra – whether it be through chocolate, flowers, or cards.