Eagles win home opener against Heritage Pride 42-21

Homecoming game scheduled for Sept. 16 against Gainesville Cardinals

Photo by Michael Baker III

Seniors Caitlyn Jackson, Sarah Koltisko, Kristen Kotecki, Alex Cho, Rhea Levin and Drew Skinner send Heritage a message about the football game.

Michael Baker III, Managing Editor

In Freedom High School’s football home opener, the Eagles hosted Heritage High School’s Pride on Thursday, Sept. 8. After a close first half, the Eagles took the 42-21 win. It was the first win of the season for the Freedom, after the season opener at Loudoun Valley ended with a 0-28 loss.

The Eagles started the game against the Pride a little unsteady, turning the ball over and allowing a Heritage touchdown at the beginning of the game. At half-time, the game was tied 14-14.

During the third quarter, Freedom scored 14 more points to Heritage’s zero. Freedom scored again in the fourth quarter with a touchdown and field goal, ending the game with the Eagles first win over the Pride in the last four meetings.

On Friday, Sept. 9, Freedom moved their record to 2-1 with a 28-7 win over Colgan.

Freedom will celebrate homecoming on Friday, Sept. 16, when the Eagles face the Gainesville Cardinals.

Photos by Michael Baker III, Gunnar Baker, Jackie Buktaw, Hazel Nguyen, and Charlie Laiacona.

Disclaimer: Below is a photo gallery of the Freedom vs Heritage football game played on Thursday, Sept. 8. If any of the photo gallery photos are reposted or shared on other social media, credit MUST BE given to the website and photographer.