Lights, Camera, Pep!

When all four grades gathered in the gym on Sept. 28, it was by far one of the most energetic pep rallies yet. The freshmen and sophomores squeezed into the bleachers creating a sea of gray and white, and the juniors and seniors spread out on the floor, each aiming to be the loudest and achieve the highest honor: winning the spirit stick.

The homecoming pep rally featured performances from the Freedom cheerleaders, the dance team, and the Elite Squad step team. In addition, the homecoming court was announced and the classes competed in various games.

The junior class, dressed all in gold, sits and waits for the cheer performance to start.
The cheer team, wearing competition uniforms, runs in with all the other fall sports teams. They then huddle up right before their performance.
The sophomore class, led by their president Alex McMillan, jumps around and screams to show their spirit.
After announcing the candidates for senior homecoming royalty, Hannah Lee, Lara Arif and Moses Hunsaker walk back to join their class.

Later that night at the Homecoming football game, which got moved toJohn Champe High School due to weather complications, the homecoming princes, princesses, and king and queen were announced. Mykiah Carrington-Zurita and Moses Hunsaker took home the crowns.

Mykiah Carrington-Zurita gasps in surprise as she is announced as Homecoming Queen.
Moses Hunsaker, is crowned Homecoming King with his friends and family clapping beside him.