FHS Class of 2023 Receive Diplomas at Eagle Bank Arena

Seniors are celebrated for all their accomplishments

Hazel Nguyen

The Class of 2023 students waiting to receive their diplomas.

At 7 p.m. on Saturday, June, Freedom High School hosted their graduation ceremony for the class of 2023 at the Eagle Bank Arena at George Mason University. During the ceremony, there were three guest speakers including 2023 class speaker Marissa Strong, commencement speaker Dr. Harris Mahedavi, and FHS principal Neelum Chaudry. They gave multiple speeches throughout the night congratulating the class of 2023 and wishing them the best of luck for all of their new journeys as they move into college. 

In retrospect to this, the Freedom class of 2023 students will be representing the school across 92 college campuses and the class was offered approximately $15 million dollars in scholarships, but accepted $7.5 million. 

Freedom students will be attending colleges all around the country, as far as Canada. In addition to this, three FHS 2023 students will be attending Ivy League schools and one student will be going to a Seven Sisters school. A majority of 2023 graduates will be staying in state and will be going to schools such as James Madison University, Virginia Tech, University of Virginia, George Mason University, Virginia Commonwealth University and Northern Virginia Community College.

Photos by Hazel Nguyen and Jackie Buktaw

Disclaimer: Below is a photo gallery of the Class of 2023 graduation. If any of the photo gallery photos are reposted or shared on other social media, credit MUST BE given to the website and photographer.