Spirit Week Day 1: Freedom goes all out for America

Senior+Mia+Brody+wears+an+American+themed+top+hat+while+junior+Cara+Macatuno+and+sophomore+Ty+Carter+pose+beside+her%2C+sporting+their+American+themed+spirit++
Senior Mia Brody wears an American themed top hat while junior Cara Macatuno and sophomore Ty Carter pose beside her, sporting their American themed spirit

On April 22, Freedom High school kicked off the 2019 prom spirit week with USA day. In an attempt to win this spirit week, the students of FHS dressed up in red, white and blue to compete with other grade levels for spirit points. The sophomores had the strongest showing of school spirit with 3,162 points. The seniors came in second with 2,965, the juniors in third with 2,936, and lastly the freshmen with 2,712 points. Though it was a fairly close race, the sophomores proved to be the most dedicated to showing their school spirit. 

“Currently the sophomore class is in first place for the whole year in spirit points,” said Alex McMillen, sophomore class president. “I was so happy seeing everyone rocking their USA gear today because participation from our class is what helps unite us and leads us to victory. I couldn’t be more proud to be class president of this amazing class.”