BOO! Trunk or Treat is Here!

Juniors Katie Gibbs, Julia Abdelrazaq and Sydney Jack represent Trunk or Treat! All photos provided by Michelle Kwan.

On Saturday, Oct. 26, Freedom High School’s National Honors Society (NHS) held a trunk or treat in the parking lot, allowing children to dress up and come through our event. The children walked through the decorated car trunks, received candy and played games. 

“We really just wanted to give back to our community,” senior Michelle Kwan said. “We encouraged families to bring non-perishable food items to donate to the Dulles South Food Pantry.”

There were many games and trunks representing Freedom’s clubs and organizations, giving entertainment to the kids and fun for all. 

“It may have been a smaller event, but I think that it was a happy experience for the kids that came anyway,” senior Nina Hoyt said.

“Trunk or treat was super fun and rewarding,” Hoyt said. “Not only did I get to socialize with friends, but it was also so cool to be able to volunteer for the community and see the positive impact that we had.”

NHS’ Trunk or Treat event brought joy and entertainment to the community, all while helping out the Dulles South Food Pantry!