Freedom’s Unicef holds Fundraiser with Baddpizza

The+fundraiser+was+held+with+Baddpizza+on+February+22nd+and+25th.+Screenshot+from+the+UNICEF+instagram.+
The fundraiser was held with Baddpizza on February 22nd and 25th. Screenshot from the UNICEF instagram.

Freedom’s UNICEF club held a fundraiser with Baddpizza to raise money for COVID-19 relief. 

On Feb. 22 and 25, UNICEF partnered up with Baddpizza to raise money for people struggling during the pandemic. Students ordered their food, and mentioned UNICEF so that 15 percent of their proceeds went to UNICEF’s  COVID-19 relief efforts.

“The main goal of the fundraiser was to raise money for UNICEF’s COVID-19 efforts,” said Priyanka Patel, sophomore and the president of Freedom’s UNICEF club. “We were inspired by our peers around Loudoun County holding other fundraisers for various causes, and we wanted to take inceptive to raise money for something that affects almost everyone right now. Since some people are going through bad times, we wanted to see how our community could help.” 

The fundraiser was organized by both the UNICEF officers and the managers at Baddpizza. They are still currently in the process of calculating how much money they raised. 

The UNICEF club is planning to organize more fundraisers in the future, for various causes, to help various people. 

“We will definitely organize more fundraisers in different formats in the future,” Patel said. “We also want to promote other clubs at freedom that organize fundraisers, so we, as a school, can achieve maximum participation. As UNICEF club, we plan to organize more fundraisers that can be done virtually, but as the pandemic gets more controlled we hope to find a safe way to do in-person fundraisers as well.”