Freedom Performs “The Somewhat True Tale of Robin Hood”

Photo+taken+by+Eliza+Agi%0ASenior+Brennan+Wood+draws+back+the+bow+and+arrow+while+playing+the+role+of+Robin+Hood.+
Photo taken by Eliza Agi Senior Brennan Wood draws back the bow and arrow while playing the role of Robin Hood.

On Friday, May 14 and Saturday, May 15, the Freedom theater cast performed “The Somewhat True Tale of Robin Hood” for an in-person audience as well as through a livestream. The production was one of the first ones back after COVID-19 restricted students from being in the building. Precautions such as masks, and distancing were taken as well to limit the risk of COVID-19 transmission.

“[COVID-19] definitely made it a bit harder to get everything to look like a real play, we all had to be very spaced out and we didn’t have very much of an ability to roam the stage when acting,” said senior Brennan Wood, who played Robin Hood.

The production staff and crew created a show that met the criteria of COVID-19 prevention while also having an enjoyable and memorable time.

“I’ll definitely miss the growth of a family that comes from being in the show,” Wood said. “The whole cast and crew gets really close throughout the process, and I’ll miss all the people that I won’t have opportunities to work with again.”