Seniors Take the Win Against the Staff in Basketball

The final score in the Seniors vs. Staff Basketball Game.
Surabhi Komanduri

The Seniors vs. Staff Basketball Game took place on Friday, March 8 during an extended advisory block. To celebrate the last year for seniors and have a fun game for the entire school to watch, the Freedom High School class officers and sponsor organized a basketball game where members of the senior class and staff members would play against each other.

The senior team consisted of Gabby Zanga, Mark Frohm, Joseph Sebastianelli, Jillian Byerle, Mason Taylor, Noah Kim, Jonathon Passey, Gavyn Wofford, Mokshith Valleri, Lokesh Donepudi, Amir McMillian and Kaiden Meador. The captains were Emily Knowles and Aubrey Smith.

The staff team consisted of Anthony Leone, Christopher Weeks, Mark Vershaw, Jason Yarbrough, Michael Albert, Michele Gibbons, Darnell Barbour, Jason Murphy, Greg Northart and Isaiah Blackmon. The captain was Nick Schwarz.

During halftime, Unified Basketball also played a short game where students from all grade levels participated. The fun continued as students in the stands also had an opportunity to cheer on their own classmates.

The game remained close as the game continued and ended with a tie of 21-21. Both teams played in overtime where the first basket would win. Senior Joseph Sebastianelli scored the winning shot that changed the score to 23-21, giving the senior class the win. The crowd cheered as the senior class celebrated their win.

Photos by Surabhi Komanduri and Adellys Mendoza

Disclaimer: Below is a photo gallery of the Seniors vs. Staff Basketball Game on Friday, Mar. 9. If any of the photo gallery photos are reposted or shared on other forms of social media, credit MUST BE given to the website and photographers.