Andrew Heer and Angelo Easter Commit to Stevenson University

Andrew Heer, Angelo Easter, and Ethan Hershal-Arango on their official visit to Stevenson. (Photo provided by Andrew Heer)

On Thursday Feb. 20, senior Andrew Heer committed to kick and punt at Stevenson University, a Division III college in Owings Mills, Maryland. Next year, he will be joining former FHS teammate Brody Campbell. Before committing to Stevenson, Heer visited multiple colleges at various levels.

“Stevenson was a good mix of a nice smaller campus with programs and opportunities that I wanted as well as a program that I could succeed in while growing as an athlete, ” Heer said.

Stevenson is a member of the MAC conference. They finished last year with a 8-3 record and made an appearance in the MAC Bowl.

Andre Heer commits to punt at Stevenson. (Photo by Chong Chung)

Heer started kicking and punting for FHS football as a sophomore, and worked hard to become first team All District and All-Region punter this season. Heer was also named third Team All-NOVA. On 38 punts, Heer averaged 40 yards per pun with his longest punt being 61 yards, which is a school record. He also had 17 PATS, another school record. Heer is also a member of the varsity soccer team that will be a contender for the 5A state title.

Angelo Easter commits to play running back at Stevenson. (Photo by Chong Chung)

On Wednesday Feb. 26, senior Angelo Easter committed to Stevenson play running back. Easter will join Heer in Stevenson’s 2020 recruiting class that will look to have a strong season.

“I chose Stevenson because of the great dorms and it’s fairly close to home,” Easter said.

He had a great showing in only his first year of playing varsity averaging 8.5 yards per carry on 82 rushes. Easter also had 697 total yards yards in only 5 games, his season was cut short due to injury, but Easter was still able to earn 2nd Team-All Region honors. Easter was a huge piece in FHS basketball’s run at states in 2019 putting up incredible numbers across the board.

Heer will look to compete for the starting job at punter right away with Stevenson returning two punters/kickers. Easter will also look to get quality playing time right away as a freshman. Stevenson is poised to have another strong showing this fall in the MAC and is hoping to make a deep playoff run.