Freedom High School Track and Field Celebrates Senior Night

Senior Desmond Harris celebrates Senior Night with his mother. Photo provided

On Wednesday, May 5, Freedom High School hosted its first and only track and field competition for the spring season. Honoring seniors was the highlighted event. 

Nineteen seniors and their families gathered at the fence to be recognized on the track for their hard work throughout the years. Seniors were presented with flowers by FHS principal Neelum Chaudry while their names, future plans, and favorite memories were announced. 

“I will remember the people at track the most and the determination that it took to be able to be successful,” said Ruby Hunsaker, senior discus thrower and distance runner.  “I have never met so many people so willing to help, I know I can tell my teammates anything and they would find a solution or talk me through a problem. Also, the amount of pain you put your body in to improve at track and field is so incredible to me and I will continue to run throughout my life.”

FHS Eagles will travel to Riverside on May 20, Woodgrove on May 26, and Rock Ridge on June 3.