“The Good Place” is truly a good show

The Good Place is truly a good show

“The Good Place” is a popular comedy show that premiered on NBC. Produced by Michael Shur, the show follows the life/afterlife of Eleanor Shellstrop, played by Kristen Bell. After Shellstrop’s unusual death, she wakes up in what is known as the Good Place. The Good Place is the spiritual destination of humans on Earth who lived an outstanding life previous to their deaths, whereas the Bad Place is the equivalent to Hell. However, her life on Earth didn’t quite deem her deserving of a ticket to this TV show heaven.

After the Good Place is explained to Shellstrop, she quickly realizes she would definitely feel more comfortable in the Bad Place. Regardless of her realization, she tries her best to assimilate to the Good Place atmosphere. There she meets Chidi Anagonye, played by William Jackson Harper, and tells him her concerns regarding whether or not she should stay. Since Eleanor has been in the good place, bad things began happening to everyone and Chidi believes it is because of Eleanor’s presence. Unusual problems had been frequently occurring in the Good Place, and after learning about Shellstrop’s dilemma, Anagonye decides the occurrences had something to do with her presence. In order to resolve the problem, Chidi agrees to teach Eleanor moral philosophy to make her a better person.

The plot twist at the end of season one was extremely unpredictable. I was truly shocked, and was left with a need to binge season two as well. However, I was a little disappointed to find that season three was not yet available on Netflix, but you can watch it on the NBC network every week.

I really enjoyed watching the show. Each episode kept me on the edge of my seat, and I ended up watching the whole first season in one day. The show tells viewers that they can do a multitude of things to become a better person. It starts with the small, like letting someone in front of you in line or holding the door open for someone. The show tells viewers that you should live every day like its your last.

Overall, the show was very enjoyable, making me super excited for the release of season three on Netflix. Although, I do feel as if the plot of season one did not connect with season two well, at least towards the beginning.

This show can be for anyone who wants a good laugh, or anyone who is just looking for a way to spend free. It conveys excellent messages and really teaches the viewers about the power of friendship and how being a good person can benefit yourself and others.